I rewrote my old script/mod because basically wind/rain/fog/overcast were not independent. In this rewrite, they are own threads. I'm not progressing too well due to no time and I feel somewhat uncomfortable at some points... about how I wrote it... time will tell. Its WIP and quite early, but works. I'm currently not thinking about MP, this may change. It's done with using from missions/scripting (call via execvm) in mind, but not yet documented and tested. All code open, pbo is just a loader. Usually you can change settings/code and restart mission for changes to apply.
Dynamic weather 2 WIP, Version 0.9.7
- SP ONLY
- MOD usage only (external script calls not yet documented and tested)
Archive has a (not 100% accurate) readme.txt
- Copy the directory to [arma3dir]\@tort_DynamicWeather2\ (do not rename! It will not work!)
- Load mod as you are used to.
- Thats it, no use of [arma3]\userconfig\
- Open map ingame, you find all presets and settings there. (support menu from v1 works, but is somewhat obsolete)
- Find settings and templates in @tort_DynamicWeather2\script\config\
Control also via global variables. Description:Example:Code:
GLOBAL VARIABLE NAMES:
amount - current target value
min - minimum amount
max - maximimum amount
weighting - tendency of movement direction
turbulence - rapidness/amount of changes
now - if you create this variable, this aspect of weather will be applied instantly (in less than 5 seconds)
tort_rain_threshold - it can only start to rain if overcast is >= threshold.
overcast|fog|rain: [0..1] (ArmA range)
wind_speed: [0..13] (Beaufort scale)
wind_dir: [0..360] (Azimuth in degrees)
- "tort_overcast_now = 0.85" - 0.85 overcast will be applied instantly.
- "tort_overcast_min = 0; tort_overcast_max = 0.5;" - weather will start to move slowly into that range and then stay inside it.
- "tort_winddir_min = 340; tort_winddir_max = 20;" - wind will always come from north.
- "tort_rain_weighting = -0.5" - at every next forecast, there's a 75% chance that rain will decrease (25% chance of increase)